About Link Physical Therapy
Serving Patients in the Minneapolis/St. Paul SE Metro and Beyond
After working in medical settings for over 20 years, Jay Wright decided to open a physical therapy clinic in Cottage Grove that would offer services for patients of all ages and challenges. Link Physical Therapy is now a resource for the community, and Jay is driving the initiatives that provide exceptional care and help patients reach their goals. With dedication and compassion, he also travels to provide in-home, at-work, at-school and at-the-gym services.
Here are some of the many reasons people schedule an appointment with Link Physical Therapy:
- to recover after surgery or an injury
- to alleviate chronic headaches and neck pain and learn techniques to control the symptoms
- to regain capabilities after a stroke or other medical event
- to help with balance and reduce the risk of falling
- to strengthen the lower body and improve their ability to walk confidently
- to increase flexibility and mobility
- to manage chronic pain such as back pain or joint pain
- to reduce new onset of pain in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
- to strengthen muscles needed for daily activities
- to acquire skills to maintain and expand on benefits gained with therapy
- to learn from a professional who has seen much in his 20+ years of experience
While working in outpatient orthopedics, work injury prevention and recovery, and geriatrics, Jay saw many people who were discouraged with insurance restrictions or unrealistic exercise expectations that did not fit into their daily routine. He realized that many people were not given enough time to understand the process or accomplish their goals.
Sadly, he saw people give up without the results they could have enjoyed. He was determined to change all that. And that’s the reason for Link Physical Therapy—helping people Discover the LINK to Recovery in ways that can actually work for them.
You might wonder how Jay became interested in the musculoskeletal system—how it works and how it heals. His curiosity started when he became injured playing high school sports and had surgeries and repairs. He knew the physical therapy helped and wanted to know more. He has enjoyed studying the body and the challenges of pain as well as the intellectual and physical options for dealing with it.
Jay received his bachelor’s degree in biology from Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa and earned a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. He regularly takes continuing education courses to learn new skills and techniques and delves into research when anything new arises.
Cottage Grove, Minnesota is home to Jay, his wife and their daughter. He enjoys family outings, a round of golf, a good movie, home improvement projects, and working with high school kids at New Life Academy.
Give Jay a call at 651-313-5859 to find out more about how physical therapy can help you attain a better quality of life. He’s here to help.
We offer physical therapy and physical rehabilitation services in the following locations:
Cottage Grove | Woodbury | Hastings | Inver Grove Heights | Mendota Heights | Eagan | Afton | Rosemount | Apple Valley | Sunfish Lake | St Paul Park | Newport | South St Paul | West St Paul | Lakeland | Lakeville | Maplewood | Oakdale | Lake Elmo | Prescott WI